Friday, May 20, 2016

It's Official am a FIT Student


So lets begin with the back story I moved to New York in January of 2016. It was crazy and exciting experience. I have visited New York many times but moving there is a completely different story. I moved in anticipation of getting accepted to Fashion Institute of Technology as a transfer student. Which led down a solid path of panicking about what if I don't get accepted.


As you can tell by the title I did get accepted and I'm elated about it and my degree program. However it really was a scary couple months of panicking. Luckily I had a friend that was able to get me a job as soon as I arrived. Which is super important being that I had just moved in to my new place in Brooklyn. Which I love and its cheaper than dorms would be, and is really conveniently located near a subway station and many buses. I also have a roommate because Brooklyn is still New York and rent is expensive. 


High rent aside I am excited to start this new journey in my life. Its going to be and interesting summer as I will be working two amazing jobs while saving for school in the fall. As well as a couple of big trips I have planned for 2017, I will not be doing much traveling this year because of the move and tuition. My family and friends have been really supportive throughout this process and I just hope they know I appreciate all their love and support throughout this process.



No comments :

Post a Comment